30 november 2007

It's dark

, or were you expecting something lighter?

----




Last night, I ran into my future.
She was raw, tough and hot.
Surrounded by people, but essentially alone.
She asked: ‘Got a light?’
I said: ‘Yes I do, lots.’
She: ‘I had three, but I lost them, somewhere along these nights.’

She: ‘Will I ever get the hang of this life?’
I: ‘I don’t know. I thought you would, by now.’
She smiled. ‘Smart ass.’
I: ‘Why are you here and not with her?’
She: ‘I’m with you. That is all you need to know.’
She’s not my freedom, she whispered, closely to my ear.
‘What is, then?’
‘ … ’ I’m looking to run, into you, maybe, into some other stranger or directly into the darkness, she said silently.

She: ‘What time is it?’
I: ‘It’s late, too late.’
We kissed goodbye and she went back to her life and I returned to mine, waiting for a better future to come by.

Geen opmerkingen: